Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Sequels


            Have you ever been on a vacation where you didn't want to leave the people and/or the location? Have you ever gotten to the end of a book and wished it didn't end there? Did you ever wish you could find out what came next?
         That often happens for me. I love epilogues--you know, the "five years later" when you find out how the main characters managed reality. Sometimes, a book will have secondary characters who are so compelling I hope the writer will give them their own story(s). That often happens when I write. For months (sometimes years), I'm caught up in a world I've created with people I've grown to know and love and I don't want to leave. I want to stay and see what happens next.
        When I finished writing Switched, I knew I had to tell Veronese and Scott's story. I liked Scott right away. His cocky, devil-may-care attitude appealed to the reckless side of me—the side I've always kept hidden. Scott reminded me of Tom Cruise in Top Gun with his cute grin and "doncha love me" attitude. Veronese, on the other hand, was super serious, nose to the grindstone, intense. Yet, there was a vulnerable side to her. She needed someone who could help her see that life can be fun. Never mind the ship was under attack, never mind they had to keep Scott's true identity a secret, never mind a saboteur was wreaking havoc. Sometimes, you just have to lighten up. In so many ways, I found Veronese was very much like me. Super serious, etc. until a certain guy came along who showed me how to have fun. I got my guy. And Veronese got— Ordinarily, that would be a spoiler but, c'mon, I write romance so you know there will be a happy ending.
        Switched, Too is coming June 10th. I've been waiting for everything to come together for this book for over ten years. It had to be put on the back burner when "life" took over. Now that it's almost ready to be released, I'm getting so excited.

By the way, a very special thanks to all who responded with advice on which cover to use. It was unanimous. And thanks to everyone who checked out the Goddess Fish Party Pavilion yesterday. It was great fun for me. I hope you found it fun, too.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the upcoming release! I'm definitely going to like Scott :) Can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Scott in Switched, so I know I'll love him in Switched, Too! Hope we'll get a follow up on Marcus and Jessie.

    ReplyDelete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.