Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Meet Chris Redding



My guest today is Chris Redding. Welcome, Chris. Tell us about yourself.
  

I'm Chris Redding and I write mainly romantic suspense with some romantic comedy. I live in New Jersey. For the last 20 years I've been an American Heart Association CPR instructor with 8 of them also being Training Center Faculty (We teach the instructors). At one point in my life I was an EMT, a pizza delivery person, a dumper at a newspaper and a newspaper reporter.




When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I was ten and received an "A" on a writing project. I got to read it in front of the class and they were impressed. For the duration of that story I was no longer the four-eyed buck-toothed (their description) awkward kid. It felt pretty cool.
 
What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I wish I had a hobby. Anymore my life is about writing. I used to cross stitch and I think I'd like to do it again. Mostly I hang out on Facebook and play some games.

What’s your favorite movie?

Sweet Home Alabama because I love happy endings. Also the actor who plays Jake is hot and I have no idea why Melanie would go for her New York fiance. It is a movie about being true to  yourself and I think it is very easy to stray from that.
  
How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I've probably written 9 books including novellas. Only 7 are currently published. I think my favorite is Blonde Demolition. I love the heroine Chelsea. She's a lot of what I wish I were. Also, she's steeped in Emergency Medical Services which I've spent a lot of my life involved in in some way.

What do you think makes a good story?

I think you have to be able to identify with at least one of the characters. My book club likes to read books that I just can't give a damn about the characters in them. Makes it tough to get through them.

What is the best part of writing for you?

The new idea. It is like falling in love each time.

Where do you start when writing? Research, plotting, outline, or...?

I outline. I used to be  a pantser, but no longer. I can't keep the story in my head any longer.  So I outline using Save the Cat.
 
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice what would it be?

Write more. I'd have more published by now if I had. And don't waste so much time.

What are some jobs you've done that would end up in a book?

I worked in a college cafeteria. Delivered pizza for Domino's (back when it was 30 minutes or free). I worked various jobs in a retirement home. My last full time job was for a corporate relocation company. Right now I work at a winery which I know will be included in a story.

Tell us about your latest book.

 

Along Came Pauly  is a contemporary romance about a dog that brings two people together who don't want to be. She's a vegetarian veterinarian who needs cash for a no-kill shelter. He's the heir to a hot dog fortune who must give away money before he gains his inheritance. Sounds like a perfect match. It isn't.



Along Came Pauly is available at Amazon: http://amzn.com/B00EN33QNI


Last question, Chris. Where can readers find you?

I am on Facebook (www.facebook.com/chrisreddingauthor) and Twitter (@chrisredding)

Love the cover for Along Came Pauly. The dog looks like two I've had.

Thanks for being here, Chris.


3 comments:

  1. Good Morning and thanks for having me today.
    cmr

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Chris. Glad to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the interview. I never thought of an idea for a new story as being like falling in love, but I agree.

    ReplyDelete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.