Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

#WeWriWa - THE PROTECTOR Trouble #sfr

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors where authors share an 8 - 10 sentence snippet. Be sure to visit the other authors. You can find them here.

My apologies for missing last week. We went to a wedding in Chicago. I knew I wouldn't be able to visit anyone. On top of that, my computer problems worsened. But now I'm back.

Last time, we met Dillan, the hero, as he watched "thieves" plundering the ship berthed next to his.

“What in Lexol’s Fire are you doing?”
Rissa turned at the strong male voice that came from the shadow at the rear of the fancy space yacht.
Sherd. We’re in trouble.
At the same time, Barlen lowered the ramp into the traffickers’ transport.
Rissa touched Fortuna’s arm and whispered, “Take it from here. I’ll deal with our audience.”

As if time wasn’t of the essence, she strolled toward the shadow where the male lurked. If the dock master saw her friends, they would be in a world of hurt. Languishing in Astron Lockup was not on her agenda. 

Apologies for the creative punctuation, which was done to keep within the sentence limit.

Who knew rescuing two girls from traffickers would bring down a world of hurt?

After tavern owner Rissa Dix rescues two girls from a slave ship, she must rally the townsfolk to prevent traffickers from returning. Mining heir Dillan Rusteran has loved her for years. Little do they know that by rescuing more children they're tangling with a galactic trafficking ring.

Amazon ~ Kobo ~ Smashwords ~ B&N ~ iTunes



 

26 comments:

  1. It seems she is going in the correct direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Last I recall, Rissa was in a very different sort of trouble--I must have missed a snippet! But I hope she can get whatever she needs from this encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry this was confusing. Rissa & her friends are rescuing the kids from the slavers' ship. Dillan, newly arrived to Astron Colony, is awakened by what he thinks are thieves breaking into the next ship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busted! How is she going to talk her way out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wonder how she's going to get out of this mess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm enjoying the twists and turns in this story, can't wait to read more. Excellent excerpt today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to hear what she comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got me wondering what she's up to. Clearly she has a plan, but it isn't obvious yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes she has to fly by the seat of her pants.

      Delete
  9. Ooh, she's going to have think quickly to talk herself out of this situation! I love the last line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I debated where to end this snippet. Glad you loved it.

      Delete
  10. Sowly strolling means there's a plan - and that's a good thing - impatient to know what the plan is.
    Tweeted.

    I saw your Hometown Proud button - Grand Rapids, Mich. I grew up in Windsor, across from Detroit, been to Grand Rapids more than once :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tweeting, Daryl. I grew up in Westland (Detroit suburb). Often went to Windsor. Small world, eh?

      Delete
  11. Here's a lady who needs a plan in a hurry. Hope it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're learning that Rissa can think on her feet.

      Delete
  12. I predict sparks in the immediate future. Hopefully they are the romantic kind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm intrigued to know how she'll get out of this mess.

    ReplyDelete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.