Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

#IWSG: My Writer's Dream

Happy Insecure Writers Support Group Day. IWSG is the brainchild of Ninja Captain Alex J. Cavanaugh.

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds! Thanks, Alex, for starting this group and keeping it going. We are rockin' the neurotic writing world!

The awesome co-hosts for the December 4 posting of the IWSG are Tonja Drecker, Beverly Stowe McClure, Nicki Elson, Fundy Blue, and Tyrean Martinson!  Thank you so much!

December 4 question - Let's play a game. Imagine. Role-play. How would you describe your future writer self, your life and what it looks and feels like if you were living the dream? Or if you are already there, what does it look and feel like? Tell the rest of us. What would you change or improve?

If I was living the dream, my income would overshadow my social security. My name would be recognized and not just in west Michigan. Readers would flock to my booksignings and/or craft shows. No, wait. I wouldn't have to do craft shows to sell my books, since they would be readily available in bookstores. I could afford to pay someone to do all my promotion so I could spend my time writing. My income would pay for that Alaskan cruise I've been planning for over 20 years.

Obviously, i haven't realized my dream...yet. I'm happy self-publishing, but it does have its drawbacks--distribution being a biggie. If I were to do it over again, I would've started sooner, even though I don't regret the time I spent volunteering for my kids' school, scouts, and church activities. I still need to spend more time writing.

What does your dream look like?

On a side note, last month, I mentioned my husband's health problems. We had good news yesterday (after 2 medical procedures), the lung doc is recommending to the cardio team that he's good to go for the valve replacement. We just hope the cardio team agrees, and it can be done soon. Whew.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays . . . however you celebrate. 

Click here to find others on the Insecure Writers Support Group Blog Hop. Or go to IWSG on Facebook to see who’s blogging today.





24 comments:

  1. So glad you got good news about your husband. Like you, I wish I'd had more time to write. But I don't regret supporting my family, going to all my daughter's events and volunteering when she was younger. Those were precious times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Natalie. I don't regret leaving my writing to babysit the grandkiddies. Those times will never come back, so I take advantage of every opportunity.

      Delete
  2. So glad about the good news about your hubby! Wouldn't it be great if our writing could pay for things like Alaskan cruises?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that dream!! It's the carrot that keeps us going (not that we would actually EVER thing of quitting!). The time with my boys and now my grandguy are my most precious minutes, too. That's family. Writing is our personal pleasure and sometimes cruel task master. But I wouldn't give up either of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news from the doctors.
    Just enjoy the writing time you have now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got good news. I hope all will go smoothly with the replacement procedure.
    Take care and I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get that Alaskan cruise and see that book income soar far past the social security check!

    Great news about your husband. I'm very happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy holidays! Your dream could come true any moment. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you been peeking through the window of my brain and seeing my dreams? We share so many of them: wanting the writing income to exceed the social security, being recognized outside of our own areas, readers flocking to our book signings...oh wait, that means I'd have to do booksighings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah, it does, Diana. Craft shows are ore fun.

      Delete
  9. So glad you have good news for hubby!

    I've had that same "I should have started sooner" meme in my head to. But the truth is, it would have changed a lot and I wouldn't be in the position I am now to actually enjoy my encore career. And that Alaskan cruise is not out of the question!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee. You're right about how things would've change. We'll go on that cruise whether my books earn it or not.

      Delete
  10. Wishing your husband a successful operation and you both happiness in the coming decade x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's wonderful to hear that your husband received good medical news, Diane. I hope that his valve replacement goes well. My brother had a valve in his heart replaced, and it really improved the quality of his life! I'd love to see your writing dreams completely come true ~ especially that Alaskan cruise. Terry and I finally took it four or five years ago, and it was wonderful. We used a travel group friends mentioned: "Travel with Alan" in Seattle. They were great and economical: https://www.travelwithalan.com All the best to you, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise. Glad to hear your brother's valve replacement improved his life. That's what we're hoping. Thanks, too, for the travel recommendation. I'll check it out.

      Delete
  12. My idea of "the dream" has changed significantly from my youth. Back then, I desperately longed to be a "star." I realized that more than anything, I was seeking acceptance, which is something I never had.
    Not worrying about money is something that would make me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful news on your husband. I just sent up a prayer for a smooth path to valve replacement and a successful procedure.

    Like you said, you'll never regret the time you spent doing other worthwhile activities before you started writing - and those experiences all helped mold you into the writer you are now.

    ReplyDelete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.