Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Saturday, June 25, 2022

#WeWriWa ~ The Case of the Wedding Wrecker: Bad Luck


Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, where writers share snippets from their work-in-progress or new release. 

I'm sharing snippets from the 4th Alex O'Hara cozy mystery, The Case of the Wedding Wrecker. This snippet picks up where we left off last week.

Hans, the lawyer, is with Alex, her dad, and Nick's parents at the police station. The last sentence was her dad saying he was always proud of her.

BTW, since this is a work in progress, suggestions are always welcome.

Snippet:  

Pop’s words brought a little sunshine into my miserable thoughts.

“According to the wife that wasn’t their only altercation,” Hans went on. “She said Nick and Amerson got into a shouting match at the gas station the day before yesterday.”

“I don’t know about that,” I said. “Hang on. Nick doesn’t get into shouting matches with anyone.”

Hans shrugged. “When Amerson didn’t come home after work last night, she called his friends, looking for him. He still hadn’t come home this morning.”

 

And a little more: 

Hans continued. “That’s when she called the police. Deputy Dawson responded. A witness saw Nick running away from a deserted cottage early this morning. When Dawson checked, he found Amerson. Dead.”

“What time was that?” I asked. “Nick was with me most of the night.”

Maria swiveled my way. With her lips pursed, she eyed me. “I told you and Nick not to see each other before the wedding. It’s bad luck. See? Bad luck.”


Be sure to check out the other WeWriWa authors. Stay safe and have a great week.


16 comments:

  1. That "bad luck" might just turn into good luck for him.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope Alex turns out to be Nick's alibi. But then who was at the cottage and killed Amerson? Great snippet! Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the plot thickens...as it should, thanks to your skill as the Author! Enjoyed the snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Veronica. Your comment made my day!

      Delete
  4. She should have listened to Maria. Bad luck. :-) I am so enjoying this story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa. If they had listened to Maria, Nick wouldn't have that alibi.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear - it does seem to have been bad luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Depending on the time, that could be good luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elaine Cantrell here. I'm having a hard time signing in so I will try to figure out why. They do seem to be having a run of bad luck,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for persisting, Elaine. Not sure what's going on.

      Delete
  8. Bad luck indeed! I'm curious to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It may be bad luck but hopefully that tidbit will save him!

    ReplyDelete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.