Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

IWSG: NaNo

 


Welcome to the Insecure Writer's Support Group. IWSG is the brainchild of Ninja Captain Alex J. Cavanaugh.

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds! Thanks, Alex, for starting this group and keeping it going. We are rockin' the neurotic writing world.

Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG

The awesome co-hosts for the November 1 posting of the IWSG are PJ Colando, Jean Davis, Lisa Buie Collard, and Diedre Knight!

November 1 question: November is National Novel Writing Month. Have you ever participated? If not, why not?

I've never participated in NaNo. I admire those who do. One of my friends uses what she wrote for NaNo as the springboard for her next novel. Many find it very useful in making them focus. It seems like more work than I want to do. It's not just the writing but visiting others, touching base (as I understand it).

The timing makes it extra difficult. Thanksgiving--big dinner, lots of family and/or friends, visitors from out of state. Christmas shopping. I can find lots of reasons why NaNo is too much work for me. And also the reason why I admire those who participate.

Good luck and best wishes to all of you who are participating in NaNoWriMo.

Click here to find others on the Insecure Writers Support Group Blog Hop. Or go to IWSG on Facebook to see who’s blogging today. 



26 comments:

  1. So understand your thinking on NaNo. I do like the mental kick in the butt when I do it! Lisa Buie-Collard by the way!! Don’t know why sometimes it makes me post anonymously…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I've never done NaNo. It's not how I write and besides, as you say, November is a busy month! Huge kudos however to those who do it and finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not alone in not doing NaNo. I don't have time for it in November too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these years I'll drag you into doing NaNo with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. November has always been too busy for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like your post read my mind. I have too many things going on in November. Maybe if it was held in July? We could call it NaJu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you. November is already loaded with things that I not only need to do, but that I want to do. Can't log into Blogger today, so I'm anonymous, but not by choice. C. Lee McKenzie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I wish them luck too. I've done it but it's in my past. I'd rather stand on the sidelines and cheer instead. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you, I've never participated in NaNo, but I admire those who do.

    Olga Godim from https://olgagodim.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire those who can do it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's true, the timing is difficult. I enjoy CampNaNo because of that -- and setting my own word limits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You tied it up in one little neat package. Besides not wanting to have a deadline, November is a busy month for me with Thanksgiving and getting ready for the Christmas season. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for being a beacon of wisdom in your niche.

    ReplyDelete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.