Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Post Christmas

I hope you all had a great weekend. My family did.. One of the great things about moving to Michigan's west coast is being close to our daughter and her family. On Saturday, we went to the children's service at their church. I love how the pastor drew in the children and made them part of the Christmas story.

Even though we live twenty minutes away, we stayed overnight so we could watch the kiddies open their gifts. I love how our daughter and her husband allow the kids to examine/play with a gift as long as they want before opening another gift. It sort of drives me crazy because I want them to hurry up and open our gifts. LOL

Christmas means so much more than gifts, as our son-in-law emphasized in his blessing at meals on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I'm so proud of what he and our daughter are teaching their children. The real meaning of Christmas--celebrating the birth of our Savior.

As many of you know, I'm a contributor to The Roses of Prose blog. Each December, we present serialized short stories. My story starts today with The Mistletoe Kiss. I hope you'll stop by and, if you enjoy the story, leave a comment.

Thanks for being such faithful readers.

PS My mother made the ceramic nativity set shown above. Each year, when I put it up, I think of her and all the work she put into making the set.






3 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's a lovely nativity. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deniz. My mom enjoyed ceramics. I'm so glad she made that set for me.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.