Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Saturday, October 13, 2018

#WeWriWa: ONE RED SHOE - Leading A Parade


Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors where authors share an 8 - 10 sentence snippet. Be sure to visit the other authors. You can find them here.

I'm sharing a snippet from my romantic suspense, ONE RED SHOE. This snippet continues from last week.

Please excuse the creative punctuation, necessary to keep this within the guidelines. It's also edited some from the original.

With her tote slung over her shoulder, Daria picked up the handle of her rolling suitcase and headed for the blocked doorway, “Okay, boys, I’m ready to go.”
To her surprise, Jimmy stepped aside, then Billy grabbed the handle of her suitcase, “Maybe you shouldn’t go,” he said, following her down the hall that overlooked the living room, while the others trooped after him. At the top of the stairs, she looked back along the white balustrade—Dear Lord, I’m a drum majorette leading a parade.
“I went on line,” Andy said, “Maybe you should reconsider. There are writers’ conferences closer than New York City.”
“It’s Sodom and Gomorrah, for sure,” Tommy said.
“C’mon, boys, don’t spoil my Spring Break. This conference is really important to me.” Daria kept walking through the kitchen. “I left our itinerary on the board next to the phone.” She pointed but didn’t stop on her way out to her car.


Blurb:

Wannabe writer rescues wounded spy while risking her heart.

Daria Mason’s life is too predictable. Nothing ever happens in her small Iowa town where everybody knows everybody else. But when she travels to New York City looking for a little excitement, she never expects to bring home a wounded spy.

From the moment agent Sam Jozwiak steals intel vital to US security from a Russian Mafia kingpin, Murphy’s Law takes over. No matter how he covers his tracks, the kingpin’s assassins find him. What’s worse than getting shot in the butt? Accepting help from an Iowa tourist.

Sam and Daria flee cross country with the assassins right behind them. Sharing danger and excitement—and a few kisses—with Sam soon has Daria convinced he’s the man for her. He thinks she’ll be better off once he’s out of her life for good. With their lives on the line, can she convince him they belong together?

ONE RED SHOE will be available on Oct.22nd. It's available now for pre-order. http://a.co/d/gqi3A9E


Be sure to check out the other WeWriWa authors. 

I'm on a working vacation this weekend, but I'll try to get to everyone as soon as I can.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Daria isn't letting anyone stop her. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atta girl! Never let anyone get in your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let anyone mess with your itinerary! PS - I forget to sign up some weeks too. I hope your vacation was productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. Yes, I went to a book event and met with readers and other authors. Always fun.

      Delete
  5. Yep,good for her, she needs to stand up for herself and show them she has a life of her own and can make her own decisions. Looks like she's worked that out for herself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has. But it's hard for her to believe she's that strong.

      Delete
  6. Sounds interesting, Diane. I like that you've put humor into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ed. I can't leave out humor. Some people say I have a warped sense of humor. Sort of like Effing.

      Delete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.