Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Monday, March 7, 2022

Monday Morning Musing: Spring Tease, Cartoons, Book Sale


Spring Teaser.
That's what we call when the temps go up--on Saturday, it was 64
°--making us think Spring is here, then we wake up to snow. Nasty trick, Mother Nature.

Spring can come anytime now. The gray skies can go away. We need the sunshine.


Cartoons.
Remember when cartoons only came on Saturday mornings? The theme for "George of the Jungle" has been going through my head this morning. My favorite was "Rocky and Bullwinkle" with its sly humor. What was yours?

Now cartoons are on all the time. Thanks to the 4-year-old twins, I'm learning more than I want to know. They seem simplistic, the designs lack the attention to detail of older cartoons. Sometimes, there isn't any dialogue, just grunting as the characters beat up each other. Unfortunately, I can see the appeal to the boys, I had four brothers.


Sale.
On Wednesday, I'm participating in N.N. Light's "Shake Off the Winter Doldrums" event. (No link yet. I'll have one here Wednesday morning.) I'm featuring One Red Shoe, a road trip adventure. I had so much fun writing ORS. even some slapstick comedy with a clumsy assassin wannabe. If you haven't read it yet, now's your chance to get it for 99 cents. 

Have a good week, stay warm, and think Spring.



8 comments:

  1. My favourite cartoon from Saturday mornings was The Groovy Ghoulies. It was a spoof off of classic Universal monsters such as Dracula and Frankenstein's monster. I learned a long time ago to be careful not to get too hopeful for the arrival of spring just because spring-like weather shows up several weeks before mid-March; nature can play "tricks". Besides, here in Northern California where I live I'm not in too much of a hurry for spring weather as nice as it is; my region hasnt been getting enough of the gray skies it should be getting during the winter; we've been in draught for the last several years. Still, when spring weather does come when it's supposed to I have to go out in it for at least a few minutes. I hope your book does well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steven. I don't remember The Groovy Ghoulies. Sounds like a fun show. I sure hope you get rain, lots of rain.

      Delete
  2. I remember the Groovy Ghoulies! My favorite was the first seasons of Scooby-Doo. You're right that cartoons today seem lacking.
    We're around eighty degrees and humid right now - want to trade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trade? No thanks. LOL That sounds like August weather here. Scooby-Doo was a favorite in our house.

      Delete
    2. Scooby-doo was another one that I watched a lot. That was a good one and funny!

      Delete
  3. I experienced the trick of nature too. I remember George of the Jungle and Rocky and Bullwinkle and lots of other Saturday morning cartoons.

    ReplyDelete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.