Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Saturday, July 16, 2022

#WeWriWa ~ The Case of the Wedding Wrecker: What Happens Next?

 


Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, where writers share snippets from their work-in-progress or new release. Thanks to everyone who commented last week.

I'm sharing snippets from the 4th Alex O'Hara cozy mystery, The Case of the Wedding Wrecker. This snippet picks up where we left off last week.

Hans, the lawyer, (and his father Pieter) with Alex, her dad, and Nick's parents at are crowded into an interview room at the police station. Hans warned them not to talk about Nick amongst themselves. Like, what else was there to talk about?

BTW, since this is a work in progress, suggestions are always welcome.


Snippet:   

After a lengthy silence, I couldn't stand it any longer.

“What will happen next?” I repeated Tony’s question.

“If the facts as Deputy Dawson presented them pan out, Nick will be formally charged. There will be an arraignment. The judge will set bail, and Nick will be released.”

“Not until then?” I protested.

From my cases, I knew how long it took to get on the docket for an arraignment. Waiting would be agony, knowing Nick was behind bars.

Everything caught up with me. I flung myself into Pop’s arms and sobbed. “Nick couldn’t have killed that man. I know he couldn’t.”

Pop rubbed my back, trying to calm me down. No amount of calming was going to fix this situation. My husband was in jail.


Be sure to check out the other WeWriWa authors. Stay safe and have a great weekend.



14 comments:

  1. Now I know what to get Alex and Nick for their wedding gift - a Get Out of Jail Free card! What a predicament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But they aren't married yet, right? (She thinks of him as her husband here.) Or did I miss something (entirely possible). Enjoyed the snippet, she's done a great job of controlling her emotions till now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised you missed it, Veronica. They got married by a Justice of the Peace the previous Christmas, now they're having the Big, White Wedding thing.

      Delete
  3. It's a bad place. Note, I agree with Veronica - is he her husband yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, poor Alex. To reach the point of tears. She's always so in control, a never-give-up kind of person. What a crappy wedding day. I hope she gets even with Deputy Dawg for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's really tried to hold it all together, but now . . .

      Delete
  5. I'd cry too. This has to be one of the worst wedding days ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrible wedding day. Can't wait to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though they were already married, this wedding day is ashambles. One they won't forget--for all the wrong reasons!

    ReplyDelete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.