Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

IWSG: Inspiration


Welcome to the Insecure Writer's Support Group. IWSG is the brainchild of Ninja Captain 
Alex J. Cavanaugh.

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds! Thanks, Alex, for starting this group and keeping it going. We are rockin' the neurotic writing world.


The awesome co-hosts for the May 3 posting of the IWSG are Joylene Nowell Butler, Ronel Janse van Vuuren, Meka James, Victoria Marie Lees, and M Louise Barbour!

In the May newsletter, it says I’m one of the cohosts. I had to beg off. My computer—you know the I had to buy in January—is in for repair (bad network card) so I’m using hunt and peck on my iPad. Slow. Slow. Slow. I have been having the worst time with electronics.

When you are working on a story, what inspires you?

Sometimes it’s music, especially without lyrics. Music can put me in the mood. Books and movies in my genre help. I’m looking forward to reading what helps others. 

Hopefully I’ll get my computer back soon so I can visit you all  


Hope you have a great writing month.


Click here to find others on the Insecure Writers Support Group Blog Hop. Or go to IWSG on Facebook to see who’s blogging today. 




30 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,
    Sorry you have computer problems.
    Anon ? Because I don't have a Google account! Why not ? Security - Couldn't respond to their security texts. No signal, for many miles/km.
    Broadband frequently awol. So is my in house IT expert - To WFH, he can't be at home.
    Esther
    Esther O'Neill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Esther. Sorry you had so much trouble.

      Delete
  2. A good book will always inspire me. Hope your computer is on the mend soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your computer is fixed soon. I like music and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Computer trouble is the worst. My big All-in-One died and I'm mourning all that space to do graphics. But I've gotten used to the laptop. While you're waiting, jot down ideas. I used to find my best future plots that way. Silly stuff, outrageous stuff. Book of the heart stuff. Thank goodness for cable TV, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They better fix it soon. That computer is too new to have such issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got my computer back. You are so right that I shouldn't have issues with a new computer.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with the new computer! Mine took forever to setup, but then I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine took forever to set up, too, Jacqui. Then to have the wifi card go was really bad.

      Delete
  7. Those computers are great when they're cooperating--rotten when they're not. Good luck sorting that out. Thanks for co-hosting today, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about computers, Lee. I think it's working again. Yay. BTW, I'm not cohosting b/c of my computer problem.

      Delete
    2. Well, you posted and you did a great job in spite of the computer handicap. You deserve a bit of applause. :-)

      Delete
  8. My goodness, you're having one challenge after another. :( Hope you get your computer back soon!

    Reading and watching things of a similar mood or genre help inspire me too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would take forever on an iPad. Hope you get your computer soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed to take forever getting the post up. Now, the computer is back. Yay!

      Delete
  10. I hope you get your computer back soon as I don't blame you for not wanting to type on an iPad, especially if you're like me and constantly fat finger everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL at fat fingers. Yes, indeed. Autocorrect is worse.

      Delete
  11. Oh dear! Computers are such blessings but can be so frustrating. I hope you're able to get yours back soon and the issues are all repaired and fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog, Diane. I have a dumb question but I've wanted to know the answer I was driving through Michigan. The picture above isn't Lake Michigan, correct? The beach I remember was red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joylene. Not a dumb question, at all. Yes, it is a Michigan beach. I don't know of any red beaches, though it's possible.

      Delete
  13. Hi Diane! Gosh, I hope you get your computer back soon, too. I'd be lost without mine.
    I can't listen to music and create story words or dialogue. I can only pay attention to one thing at a time. More power to you.

    Thanks for co-hosting...though I don't know how you do it without a computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Victoria. I begged off on cohosting this month for that reason.

      Delete
  14. Interesting! I can't have music while I'm writing. Too distracting. Hope your tech starts loving you again soon! @samanthabwriter from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha. Music can be very distracting for me, too.

      Delete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.