Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

IWSG: June 2023

 


Welcome to the Insecure Writer's Support Group. IWSG is the brainchild of Ninja Captain Alex J. Cavanaugh.

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds! Thanks, Alex, for starting this group and keeping it going. We are rockin' the neurotic writing world.

The awesome co-hosts for the June 7 posting of the IWSG are Patrcia Josephine, Diedre Knight, Olga Godim, J. Lenni Dorner, and Cathrina Constantine!

Optional question: If you ever did stop writing, what would you replace it with?

That is a thought-provoking question. If I answer it, will I be admitting that I would quit writing? Since I haven't written anything this past month, does that mean I've stopped? I like to think I haven't given up. That I will continue writing.

I hope you all have a good month, one that is filled with ideas and inspiration. 

Click here to find others on the Insecure Writers Support Group Blog Hop. Or go to IWSG on Facebook to see who’s blogging today. 



13 comments:

  1. A hiatus isn't stopping. All of us have had "things" get in the way. As long as the words swirl in your head, as long as a picture or a phrase sparks the basis for a novel, as long as you ask yourself . . . What if? YOU are a writer!! So get writing. I need something to read!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, you always make me smile. Thanks for the pep talk.

      Delete
  2. I've definitely gone through months (and months) when I didn't write. You'll hopefully come back to it. I hope you're enjoying your break from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Alex. I needed to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping is not the same as quitting and I'll toe-to-toe with anyone who says different. ;-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we need to take a break. There's nothing wrong with that. You'll know when and if you want to start again. Take care. Shalom shalom

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all have those breaks in our writing, but I understand questioning if that means you've stopped permanently. Off hand, I'd say no.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breaks in writing doesn't mean you gave it up. It just means you brain decided it needed a rest and recharge before it started throwing ideas at you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've written on and off for over 40 years so I don't me stopping completely either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think many of us stop writing and then start again occasionally. I do. But the stories are still inside me. They wouldn't go away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm headed back to work next week. I won't have as much time to write, but that just might light a fire to write more words in my off time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think you'll quit, Diane. We've all taken breaks. Too many of us are still getting back in the writing groove.

    ReplyDelete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.