Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Monday, February 14, 2022

Monday Morning Musing: The Super Bowl

 


Football is not my game. When Hubs watches--college football, usually--I read or play computer games. Except when it comes to the Super Bowl. Do I watch the game? Sort of. I watch the commercials. đŸ˜Š

Am I alone?

Last night, we went to our son's. While he and Hubs watched the game, our daughter-in-law and I critiqued the commercials. Most were meh, some stood out.

The Budweiser commercials usually rate pretty high with us. But we agreed that the wounded Clydesdale, while heartwarming and memorable, was too short. 

Doritos commercials are always worth a good laugh. No exception last night.

So did the Toyota truck commercial with the Joneses. Of course, it helps if you recognize all the drivers. You know you're getting old when you have to ask your son who people are. 

Still, my all-time favorite car commercial is the boy dressed as Darth Vader who tries to use "The Force" to start his dad's car, while Dad, in the kitchen, uses his remote. 

Sometimes, the thought-provoking commercials are the ones to remember. Ty Burrell buying everything he sees until he's broke was the point of the Greenlight commercial.

I googled the commercials to see if I missed any memorable ones, which is kind of contradictory, isn't it? I couldn't believe how many commercials I didn't remember seeing. I mean, we were with family. We talked. I played with the kiddos. But, sheesh, I missed a lot. Obviously, not memorable.

How about you? Game or Commercials? Your favorite/memorable?



10 comments:

  1. I think the commercials have waned over the years. I barely remember any from last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Alex. Instead of laughing out loud, I had a couple of chuckles.

      Delete
  2. My boyfriend was busy so we only watched the end of the game. We were more focused on the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I understand. I did watch the end of the game. I'm not a Rams or Bengals fan, but Matthew Stafford used to be a Lion, so I rooted for him and his team. Too bad the Lions couldn't have seen his potential.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I'm not much of a football fan, but this time I joined the Ram and Bengal fans and enjoyed an afternoon with friends. I admit I chatted more during the game than I did during half-time, but I wasn't alone. A lot of people came for the social time and,of course, the beer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a lot like what happened with us. Since I'm not a rap fan, I kept asking "who's that?" LOL Still, it was a fun time.

      Delete
  5. We watch college games, U of M and MSU, but not many pro games--except we tried to cheer on the Tampa Bay Bucs. Sadly Brady and team couldn't get it done. I did not watch the super bowl mainly because we have an antenna these days and Tampa's NBC station had no signal. But all is well, sounds like no significant commercials. I always laugh at how the buzz is about the super bowl commercials when we always mute them on non-super bowl days! Most memorable one is when Betty White got knocked down in the mud. That Betty was up for anything! She'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. That one with Betty White was hilarious. She was such a great performer.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.