Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Friday, February 4, 2022

My Favorite: Winter Sport


As I write this post, I'm watching the Opening Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics. I love the winter games, much more than the ones in summer. The athletes bring so much excitement, talent, and enthusiasm to the audience.

I enjoy watching most of the events. My favorite is figure skating. When I was a kid, my mom would flood a low spot in our backyard (sometimes in the front) so my sister and I could ice skate. We lived on acreage so we had a big yard. It didn't take long for the ice to form since the low spot wasn't very deep. 


My sister was always better at it than I was. Like my heroine in the Alex O'Hara mysteries, I'm a klutz. When God was handing out coordination, He skipped me. 😀 Definitely a lack of balance. Still, I had fun skating around our makeshift rink. My sister would skate on one foot and do spins. While I spent a lot of time on my rear.


As I watch figure skating on television, I admire their poise as the athletes fly into the air and land so easily on one foot. The dancers bring an extra dimension to the ice. A fluidity. The pairs skating shows the tremendous strength of the men as they throw their partner in the air, and the trust the women have that he will catch her.



I'll watch the games over the next couple of weeks and remember the fun my sister and I had.



2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Diane. Figure skating is my favorite. They are such amazing athletes. All that strength, stamina, and grace. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad for the parents who've put so much time and money into lessons and coaches for their kids then not allowed to watch them in person. I understand why and approve, but sheesh. Such disappointment. At least, they'll have a better view on TV.

      Delete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.