Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Sunday, February 6, 2022

#WeWriWa ~ The Case of the Wedding Wrecker: Stop!

 


Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, where writers share snippets from their work-in-progress or new release. Thanks to everyone who stopped by last week. I really appreciate your support. 

I'm sharing snippets from the 4th Alex O'Hara cozy mystery, The Case of the Wedding Wrecker. This follows immediately after last week's snippet.


Snippet:

I was so lucky. This day couldn’t be more perfect. When Father Jack told us to rise and the congregation to sit, Nick squeezed my fingers. Time for our vows.

Jim and Todd removed the kneelers then stood to the side.

Putting his hands on my bare shoulders, Nick turned me to face him, our profiles to the congregation.

“I, Nicholas Anthony Palzetti take you—”


And a little more: 

 

The outer church door slammed open and heavy footsteps drew everyone’s attention. Oh my God. Deputy Ron Dawson. What in God’s name was he doing here? I sure didn't invite him. Neither did Nick. More thoughts raced through my mind. It had to be a major emergency, or he would’ve contacted Chief Hoesen, who was sitting in the middle of the church, on the aisle. He'd reached out and squeezed my hand as I walked past. What could possibly—

“Hold it,” Deputy Dawg called out. “Stop.”

Murmured exclamations and rustling sounded throughout the church. As he marched up the aisle, his booted heels rang out as did the jangle of handcuffs on his utility belt.

“Excuse me, Father.” Deputy Dawg, my nemesis since second grade, nodded then announced in ringing tones, “Nicholas Palzetti, you are under arrest. For murder.”

 ~~~

All along you knew something was going to happen. Now, you know. BTW, that is the end of Chapter 1.


Be sure to check out the other WeWriWa authors. Stay safe and have a great week.



  

14 comments:

  1. Boom! Of course the weasel wouldn't have the decency to wait until AFTER the I Dos! Looks like Alex has her work cut out for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deputy Dawg has been a pain in her butt since the 1st book in this series. LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh no! Yes, I expected something to happen, but not that! I guess Alex is going to have to get this situation figured out so they can finish off their vows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I surprised you. She'd better find the real killer.

      Delete
  3. Not quite what I expected. Great twist.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    No pressure, Diane, but WRITE FASTER!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well we all knew something was going to happen! Very unexpected development though, can't wait for more. Terrific snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Veronica. This was what I thought of before I started writing this story.

      Delete
  6. Ooh - a new way to stop a wedding. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And the other shoe drops with a bang! Thank goodness they're actually already married, but still...this Deputy Dawg is one big killjoy. I hope he gets his comeuppance in the end. Loved it! Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna. Oh, he is definitely going to get his.

      Delete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.