Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Monday, January 10, 2022

Monday Morning Musing: 2022 the First 10 Days


 

Good morning! Last Monday, I wrote about my plan to be more active on my blog. I'm doing pretty good with a post here on six out of seven days. 

I also planned to write more on my work-in-progress, The Case of the Wedding Wrecker (An Alex O'Hara PI mystery). I only missed one day so far this year. Since I started at the beginning of the story so I could ground myself, I haven't written that many words. I've tweaked, added descriptions, and deleted the first two chapters. That hurt. I didn't just delete, though. I saved the chapters in my "leftovers" file. It was good stuff, but it felt like it was dragging down the story. I needed to get to the wrecking part sooner.

Like revisions and edits, this is taking a lot longer than writing new. Oh, well. It needs to be done to get me back in the story. What's also helping is that I'm using it for my snippets each weekend with the Weekend Writing Warriors. 

On Fridays, I'll be writing about my favorite things. (Did the Sound of Music just zing through your mind, too?) Last Friday, I wrote about my favorite quote, one from Stephen King. If you know me, you know that scary things and horror are not my thing, so you're probably surprised I'd chose a Stephen King quote. Check it out.


I'm looking at my nutcrackers and Santa figures on top of the bookcases across from where I'm sitting. I hate taking down Christmas decorations. They are such a reminder of the holidays. Our tree is still up, too. I didn't do much decorating this year. My grandkids helped bring up the nutcrackers and Santas from the basement storeroom. I was hoping they would be back to help take them downstairs. 
😊  Unfortunately, the boys were sick and the others went back to school and all their after school activities. I can wait a while longer.

Procrastination is my middle name.

Hope you have a great week.



6 comments:

  1. Take down the tree but leave the figures up - why not?
    Sorry about those two chapters but maybe you can use the content elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking, Alex. My husband's aunt used to wrap her tree (with ornaments) in plastic then scoot it out to her screened-in porch. It sat in the corner until the following Christmas.

      Those 2 chapters are good backstory. I'm sure I'll use it in places.

      Delete
  2. I put decorations away fairly quickly but keep the greeting cards out for months. It feels like having friends and family close by even when they are not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do almost the same, Toi. You're right. It is like having friends and family close.

      Delete
  3. I just took the tree down last weekend. It's a lot of work. If I had a big enough closet that thing would be covered in a sheet just as it was and all set to haul out next year.

    ReplyDelete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.