Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Saturday, November 7, 2020

#30 Days of Gratitude - Day 12: Protectors

What would we do without the First Responders? Police, fire fighters, emergency responders, the military. Without them, we would have chaos. One common element of dystopian fiction is the lack of protection for the inhabitants when bullies take over. We've all seen mobs rampaging on television. Thank goodness, I've never seen their violence in person. 

We depend on our law enforcers to protect us. 

I never had the occasion to call 911, until last October. My husband was panting, couldn't catch his breath. When I called 911, the operator calmly took our info then said help was on its way and I should stay on the line. I responded that I needed to unlock the front door. I had to put down the landline. By the time I opened the door, a sheriff deputy was walking up to our door. Talk about fast. I'm sure that doesn't always happen so fast. He began triage until the EMTs got here. I'm sure they saved my husband's life.

I'm so grateful for the First Responders, especially now during the pandemic.


credit: Amazon

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh, Diane! Thank goodness for our protectors. I agree with you. We desperately need them--even if we don't always use them personally. Thank you so much for sharing this with your followers. Bravo to those who helped your husband. I hope all is well now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Victoria. Yes, Hubs is doing well. I admire those First Responders who keep working despite the dangers, esp. the hidden danger of covid.

    ReplyDelete

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.