Welcome.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you'll stop by again.

Thursday, November 12, 2020

#30 Days of Gratitude - Day 17: Opportunities

 We all have opportunities. It's what we do with them that counts. It's easy to let opportunities to slip by without recognizing them. 

I've mentioned we moved frequently, following Hubs' job. The first time was exciting, an adventure. I met a lady who'd been in the town about a year before me. She said she cried the first six months, didn't want to go out of the house. My first thought was how sad. My second was why didn't she get out and see what the town had to offer. She was missing opportunities to enrich her life. 

I understood better how she felt when our 4th move was pending. I didn't want to leave. I cried, I yelled at Hubs. I was angry. Finally, he said he'd get an apartment in the new city and come home on weekends. (I still remember exactly where we were when he said I could stay.) What was my response? That wasn't going to work. We weren't going to live in separate cities. When I had the choice, I accepted the move. 

It turned out that it was a good move, many opportunities that I took advantage of. Accepting opportunities, even going after them, can make life easier.

I'm grateful for all the opportunities our moves have given me. And I'm glad I took advantage of them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love getting your comments. BTW, your comment won't show up until you refresh the page. Isn't that a pain? Thanks for stopping by.